The Calgary Yacht Club expects members, guests and staff to comply with Club Bylaws, the 'Sharing the Facility' document and this Code while on the property and water. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action from the Board of Directors.
The Calgary Yacht Club Code of Conduct outlines the values, principles and standards of conduct that will guide our actions and interactions to all people as we provide a place to enjoy sailing, community and a sense of well being.
Together at the Calgary Yacht Club, we must:
- Treat people fairly and objectively in the best interest of staff, members and guests.
- Ensure safety is a top priority.
- Show respect to all people, personal property and facilities within the confines of the Calgary Yacht Club.
- Remember that all members are responsible for the conduct of their guests at all times.
- Ensure all members, staff and guests conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner.
- Ensure anyone using Calgary Yacht Club facilities conducts themselves in a manner that is not detrimental to the reputation and interest of the club or its staff, members and guests.
- Protect the children, youth, staff, all members and guests that come to Calgary Yacht Club by providing a safe environment, trained staff and volunteers.
- Be stewards of the environment, with particular focus on the lake and protection against invasive species.
- Recognize and address any conflict and come forward to the Vice-Commodore or a member of the Board of Directors if you see something significant that you think is not in the best interests of the Calgary Yacht Club.
Conduct considered unsuitable may include but shall not be limited to:
- Aggressive or abusive communication
- Acts of violence directed to property, staff, members or guests
- Harassment or bullying of any kind
- Inappropriate use of club facilities or personal property of other members or guests
- Parking in any non-designated areas